NATURE OF INFORMATION
Information is gathered for a range of purposes, including the provision of ongoing Customer support
and the compiling of Customer databases to enable us to market our goods and services in a more
targeted manner. The type of information we collect includes contact details, buying habits, opinions,
product preferences and transactional details. Jazz Cinemas treats all such information which is
collected and identifiable as relating to an individual as Personal Information. It is this information which
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- Personal Information may be collected about Customers via the following means:
- Competition entry forms
- Application forms
- Websites (including in some instances cookies)
- Online transactions
- Networking functions (e.g.: business cards)
- Over the phone
- Credit card details via credit card purchases
- Information collected from third parties
Wherever feasible, Jazz Cinemas will obtain the express consent of guests to the collection of Personal
Information. In some situations, Jazz Cinemas will interpret a guests actions as indicating that a Guest
consents to the collection of Personal Information. This may occur where the Customer has provided
Personal Information for a particular purpose and that purpose cannot be achieved without Jazz
Cinemas making use of the Customer's Personal Information.
WHAT HAPPENS IF PERSONAL INFORMATION IS NOT PROVIDED
Where relevant, Jazz Cinemas will try to make Guests aware that Jazz Cinemas may not be able to
provide a proper service to them if Personal Information is not provided upon request.
MAINTENANCE AND MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
WHO MAY VIEW PERSONAL INFORMATION
In general, only officers, employees or contractors of Jazz Cinemas may view Personal Information.
Jazz Cinemas will only grant access to parties other than Jazz Cinema's officers, employees and
contractors to view Personal Information where Jazz Cinemas believes that access is necessary to
achieve the purpose for which the Personal Information was collected.
JAZZ CINEMAS WILL ONLY DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO PARTIES OTHER THAN JAZZ CINEMA'S
OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS IF:
- That disclosure is required to give effect to the purposes for which Jazz Cinemas collected the
- The Customer has consent to that disclosure.
- Jazz Cinemas believes that the disclosure may lessen a risk of harm to the health or safety of any
- Jazz Cinemas believes an unlawful activity is being undertaken and the Personal Information is
disclosed as part of Jazz Cinema's investigation into this activity.
- Jazz Cinemas is required by law to disclose the Personal Information.
- The disclosure is required for the enforcement of a criminal law or a law imposing a pecuniary penalty
or for the protection of public revenue.
UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Jazz Cinemas regularly monitors the quality and accuracy of Personal Information that it maintains and
where feasible, updates that information on a regular basis. Guests can update their Personal
Information at any time by contacting us.
Personal information gathered during competitions run by Jazz Cinemas will be governed by the
of entry for the competition.
Jazz Cinemas may from time to time employ sub-contractors or hire other new associates to provide
services to it. In these situations, Personal Information may be collected about those subcontractors /
MODIFICATIONS TO THIS DOCUMENT
its sole discretion without any prior notification.
Except as provided by law, neither Jazz Cinemas nor its affiliates, employees, officers and agents will be
under any liability to you, in contract, tort, or otherwise, with respect to any loss or damage (including
consequential loss or damage, loss of profits, economic loss of information) which may be suffered or
incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of:
Your use of this Website.
- The accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any Website Content or information contained in that
- Website Content.
- Your use of any websites that this Website links to.